Research Development: Limited Submissions
Some funding opportunities limit the number of applications they will accept from individual institutions. The Office of Research Development and Commercialization has established the following process for responding to limited-submission funding opportunities.
- Notification: If you find a limited submission proposal to which you plan to apply, you must notify the research development office. Include links to the full program announcements.
- Submission: If there are more applicants than the sponsor allows, the research development office will solicit internal proposals from faculty and research scientists. The proposal requirements will be included with the internal solicitation.
- Selection: An ad-hoc committee established by the Vice President for RCO will review internal proposals and select which may be submitted.
The Research Development Office is available to assist faculty and research scientists in the preparation of limited-submission internal proposals. Contact Linda Villarreal for an appointment, or call 825-3881.
Popular Limited Submission Programs at TAMU-CC
National Science Foundation Major Research Instrumentation (MRI)
- Three applications allowed per institution
- Internal competition announced in late September
- Deadline in January or February
National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Stipend
- Two nominees allowed per institution
- Internal competition announced in early May
- NEH deadline in late September
Department of Defense Equipment/Instrumentation for Minority Serving Institutions
- Three applicants allowed per institution
- Internal competition announced in early summer
- DOD deadline in late August