Research, Commercialization and Outreach
All research conducted by Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi employees or students, involving any of the agents/materials listed below, must be approved by the Texas A&M - Corpus Christi Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) prior to initiation:
- Pathogens and potential pathogens of humans, animals or plants;
- Materials potentially containing human pathogens (including human blood, tissue, and cell lines; non-human primate blood, tissue, and cell lines);
- Recombinant DNA (and RNA) including creation or use of transgenic plants and animals;
- Select agents & toxins
(see http://www.cdc.gov/od/sap/docs/salist.pdf) including strains and amounts exempted from the select agent regulations;
- Any material requiring a CDC import license or a USDA permit.
Attention Doctoral Students
The Research Compliance Officer must have ONE of the following on file to sign your Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Hearing Request Form:
- Completed IBC protocol application
- Doctoral Student Compliance Certification
The Doctoral Student Compliance Certification should be submitted in cases when the student is ready to propose and has not yet submitted a completed IBC protocol application.
*Having issues viewing PDF documents? Try viewing the documents on the latest version of Internet Explorer
*To save the documents, right-click (Windows) or control-click (Macintosh), and select "Save Target As" from the pop-up menu