Research, Commercialization and Outreach
All research conducted by Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi employees or students, involving any of the agents/materials listed below, must be approved by the Texas A&M - Corpus Christi Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) prior to initiation:
- Pathogens and potential pathogens of humans, animals or plants;
- Materials potentially containing human pathogens (including human blood, tissue, and cell lines; non-human primate blood, tissue, and cell lines);
- Recombinant DNA (and RNA) including creation or use of transgenic plants and animals;
- Select agents & toxins
(see http://www.cdc.gov/od/sap/docs/salist.pdf) including strains and amounts exempted from the select agent regulations;
- Any material requiring a CDC import license or a USDA permit.
Attention Doctoral Students
The Research Compliance Officer must have ONE of the following on file to sign your Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Hearing Request Form:
- Completed IBC protocol application
- Doctoral Student Compliance Certification
The Doctoral Student Compliance Certification should be submitted in cases when the student is ready to propose and has not yet submitted a completed IBC protocol application.
Difficulty Downloading IBC forms?
Please use either Internet Explorer or Safari to download the IBC forms. When downloading these forms using Firefox and Chrome, please "right click" to save the document to your computer first, and then open the form from the saved location.
Some researchers have reported difficulty downloading forms. Two Web browsers - Firefox and Chrome - will not open fillable PDF forms within a browser window.
The various workarounds to this issue include:
- Use Internet Explorer or Safari. Both of these browsers appear to fully support fillable PDF forms.
- Right-click (PC) or Ctrl-click (Mac) on the link that opens the pdf form and save the form to your desktop.
- Adjust your Firefox or Chrome settings to open pdf documents in Adobe rather than in the Web browser.