Research, Commercialization and Outreach
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Assure all activities involving animals meet the ethical and legal requirements for the humane care and use of animals.
- Maintain and promote an open and cooperative relationship with investigators, faculty and the greater University community.
- Educate the University community concerning the ethical and regulatory considerations for the humane care of animals.
- Review, at least every six (6) months, the University's program and all animal facilities using USDA Regulations/Guide as a basis.
- Meet all federal requirements as defined in the Animal Welfare Act, the Public Health Service Policy on the Humane Care & Use of Laboratory Animals and the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
Membership: Members are appointed by the Vice President for the Division of Research, Commercialization and Outreach in consultation with the Chair of the Committee on Committees, Faculty Senate for staggered four-year terms.
Membership must include a veterinarian, a community representative, a non-scientific representative from the University, and two scientific members from the University representing the wide diversity of activities utilizing animals on campus.
Chair: Elected for a two-year term by the Committee
Responsible University Official: Vice President for the Division of Research, Commercialization and Outreach
|Name||Reason for Membership|
|Stunz, Greg||Scientific representative from the University|
|Prevratil, Debbie||Community Member|
|Mozzachiodi, Riccardo (Chair)||Scientific representative from the University|
|Fahlman, Andreas||Scientific representative from the University|
|Omoruyi, Felix (Vice Chair)||Scientific representative from the University|
|Anderson, Jennifer||Non-scientific representative from the University (Library)|
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi recognizes the scientific and ethical responsibility for the humane care and use of animals [for a definition of "animal" see ( NIH, PHS and USDA policy )] involved in research and education and enjoins all individuals involved to the highest standards of care and consideration.
|Form A: Application for Invertebrate Research Involving Live Animal Subjects||Approval granted for 2 years: Continuing Review form required for approval beyond two years|
|Form B - Vertebrate Application for Review of Research Involving Live Animal Subjects||Approval granted for 1 year: Continuing Review form required for approval beyond one year. Third year de novo Review is required (resubmission of full protocol).|
|Form T - Application for Teaching Activities Involving Live Animal Subjects||Approval granted for 2 years: Continuing Review form required for approval beyond two years|
Attention Doctoral Students
The Research Compliance Officer must have ONE of the following on file to sign your Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Hearing Request Form:
- Completed IACUC protocol application
- Doctoral Student Compliance Certification
The Doctoral Student Compliance Certification should be submitted in cases when the student is ready to propose and has not yet submitted a completed IACUC protocol application.
*Having issues viewing PDF documents? Try viewing the documents on the latest version of Internet Explorer
*To save the documents, right-click (Windows) or control-click (Macintosh), and select "Save Target As" from the pop-up menu
Links to the Amendment, Continuation, and Completion forms are located on the Forms page.
Please submit the Continuing Review Form 30 days prior to the expiration of approval to allow time for committee review and approval.
IACUC Final Completion Form due at the conclusion of all studies regardless of approval granted.
For more information contact Erin Sherman, Research Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-825-2497.